Slow cooker chicken and tortilla soup recipe is the best way to warm up. really it gives you the energy to stay all-day fit, tasty meal
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 15-oz. can black beans, rinsed
1 c. frozen corn
2 bell peppers, chopped
1 white onion, chopped
1 15-oz. can fire-roasted tomatoes
1/4 c. freshly chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp. cumin
1 tbsp. chili powder
1 tsp. kosher salt
2 c. low-sodium chicken broth
1 c. shredded Monterey jack
1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
3 small corn tortillas, cut into strips
Sliced avocado, for serving
Sour cream, for serving
Lime wedges, for serving
- In a large slow cooker, combine chicken, black beans, corn, peppers, onion, fire-roasted tomatoes, cilantro, garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt, and chicken broth.
- Cover and cook on low until chicken is cooked and falling apart, 5 to 6 hours.
- Shred chicken with a fork, then top the soup with Monterey Jack and cover to let melt, 5 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, make tortilla crisps: In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add tortilla strips and cook until crispy and golden, 3 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and season with salt.
- Serve soup topped with tortilla crisps, avocado, sour cream, cilantro, and lime.