Crock-Pot Chicken & Broccoli is one of our favorite takeout dishes, so when we want a lighter take on it, we switch out the pork for boneless skinless bird breasts.
The sauce, made sincerely with soy sauce, sesame oil, and ginger, is one you will flip to time and again once more.
Freshly ground black pepper
Cooked brown rice, for serving
Green onions, thinly sliced, for garnish
Toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
- In a small bowl, whisk together garlic, ginger, soy sauce, honey, vinegar, ketchup, Sriracha, and sesame oil.
- Add chicken to slow cooker and season with salt and pepper. Pour over the sauce and toss until combined.
- Cook on low until chicken is cooked through, 4 hours.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and ¼ cup water and stir mixture into the slow cooker to thicken the sauce. Add broccoli to slow cooker and cook until tender, 1 hour more.
- Transfer chicken to a cutting board and cut into small pieces, then return to slow cooker and toss until combined.
- Divide cooked rice among four serving containers, then top with chicken and broccoli mixture. Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.
- Store in the fridge until ready to serve.