Tequila and lime chicken is the super quick and easy way to cook up some chicken that is particularly nice in the summer when you can make it on the grill. One of the things that I simply like approximately this recipe is that aside from the tequila and the lime you can mess around with the elements to exchange up the flavor profile. I frequently like to apply chipotle chilies in adobo sauce for the source of warmth or maybe a freshly ground chili pepper combination but within the summertime with all of the fresh elements around its miles difficult to resist making it an all inexperienced sauce with jalapeños and a success of cilantro. If you are in a hurry you may marinate the chicken for as low as a half of an hour however overnight is nice. Another excellent element approximately this tequila lime bird is how flexible it’s miles; you may use it in tacos, burritos, sandwiches and in the summertime, it goes terrific as a topping for salads to make a nice mild meal.
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 teaspoon cumin (toasted and ground)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound chicken breasts (boneless and skinless)
- Puree the tequila, lime juice, oil, lime zest, jalapeno, garlic, cilantro, cumin, salt and pepper in a food processor.
- Place both the chicken and the marinade in a freezer bag and marinate overnight.
- Grill the chicken until cooked, about 5-7 minutes per side.