Slow Cooker Creamy Tuscan Chicken. Creamy gentle fowl in prosciutto, mushroom, and sundried tomato cream sauce. Comfort meals made in a slow cooker.
- 4 Chicken Breasts, cut into bite-size pieces (about 1 1/2 – 1 3/4 lbs.)
- 4 Garlic Cloves, finely diced (or 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder)
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 cup Chicken Broth (plus more to thin sauce, if desired)
- 3/4 cup Sundried Tomatoes, chopped (from a jar in oil, drain the oil before adding)
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 large onion (finely diced)
- 8-ounce Mushrooms (sliced)
- 3 ounces Prosciutto (chopped)
- 8-ounce Cream Cheese softened
- 3/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Salt (to taste)
- Fresh Basil
Add bite-size chicken breast to the slow cooker. Add garlic, pepper, chicken broth, and sundried tomatoes. Set on the low or high setting. Cook for 3 hours on high or 4-5 hours on low.
While cooking, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add butter and let it melt. Add onions and let soften for 5-7 minutes. Add mushrooms and continue to cook until softened, another 5-7 minutes. Add prosciutto and cook for 2 minutes. Set aside.
With 45 minutes left of cooking time, add mushroom prosciutto mixture and cream cheese. Let it melt.
After the cream cheese has melted, check for seasonings. Add salt and more pepper if needed. Sprinkle parmesan cheese all over the chicken, while it is still hot. Serve with fresh basil. May serve with mashed potatoes, vegetables, or pasta.
- Check for seasonings and add salt as needed. Chicken broths can vary in the amount of salt so that is why there is no set salt amount listed in the directions.