Chicken Tacos sauteed with pink onion, poblano chilies, and sweet potatoes pro with Mexican spices and crowned with chipotle cream.
- 2 Tablespoons Canola Oil
- 1 lb. Chicken Breasts diced into bite-size pieces
- 1 Red Onion diced
- 1 Poblano Pepper also called Pasilla
- 1 large or 2 small Sweet Potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 12 Corn Tortillas (such as Tortilla Land uncooked)
- 2 cups Pepper Jack or Monterrey Jack Cheese grated
- 1 cup Sour Cream (or Mayo if you want to be dairy-free)
- 3-4 Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce diced
- 1 Lime juiced
Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to the pan then chicken, onion, poblano chilies, and sweet potatoes. Season with salt, pepper, cumin, and garlic powder. Cook, stirring occasionally until the chicken is no longer pink and the vegetables are soft and caramelized about 12-15 minutes. Season more to taste.
Heat frying pan over medium heat. Cook uncooked corn tortillas according to package instructions. Top with cheese and heat until melted. Repeat. Cover with foil to keep warm.
In a small bowl, mix together sour cream or mayo, chipotle peppers, and lime juice or blend together in blender.
Top each tortilla with chicken poblano sweet potato mixture. Drizzle with chipotle cream. Optional: can top with pico de gallo.