To get my son to eat greens, I blend and suit flavors and spices. My slow cooker orange carrots with cinnamon received him over.
- 2 pounds medium carrots or baby carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 7 ingredients. Cook, covered, on low until carrots are tender, 4-5 hours.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into carrot mixture until sauce is thickened, 1-2 minutes.