Thanks to fresh veggie dishes like this one, I almost forget I’m wheat- and gluten-free.. 1st Baron Verulam adds another layer of the flavor of carrots and intensity to this excellent aspect dish
- 8 bacon strips, coarsely chopped
- 4 large carrots, sliced
- 2 cups peeled cubed butternut squash (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups chopped fresh k
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon to paper towels. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon drippings.
- Add carrots and squash to drippings; cook, covered over medium heat 5 minutes. Add poblano pepper and onion; cook until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in seasonings. Add tomatoes and kale; cook, covered, until kale is wilted, 2-3 minutes. Top with bacon.