These scrumptious glazed carrots come to the rescue once I’m getting ready for a special meal while I prepare the other dishes. The introduced bonus is that sluggish-cooker simmering saves me precious oven space.
- 2 pounds fresh baby carrots
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low until carrots are tender, 6-8 hours.
3/4 cup: 144 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 364mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein.