Carrots seem so easy, however, this recipe is something unique. Sweet and butter, this became a favorite that my mother used to serve during the holidays.
- 2 pounds medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, toasted, optional
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine carrots and apple juice. Cook, covered, on high until carrots are tender, 3-4 hours.
- Remove carrots from slow cooker; discard juices. Return carrots to slow cooker. Stir in brown sugar, butter, and salt. Cook, covered, on high until carrots are glazed, 15-20 minutes longer. If desired, sprinkle with pecans.