This cauliflower pumpkin risotto is a delicious autumn side dish! It’s the right balance of savory or gently sweet and is paleo, whole30, and AIP compliant.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (sub avocado oil)
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2.5 cups cauliflower rice (pre-riced, or riced in the food processor)
- 4 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 strips cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 tbsp dried cranberries, unsweetened and not added oils
- 2 tsp parsley, chopped
- Melt the coconut oil in a deep skillet on medium heat.
- Add the yellow onion and saute until the soft and transparent.
- Pour in the broth, cauliflower rice, and pumpkin puree and season with salt, and sage. Stir well to combine.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and allow to simmer for 8-10 minutes or until the broth is mostly absorbed by the cauliflower.
- Remove from heat and top with dried cranberries, bacon, and parsley.
All nutritional information is estimations and will vary.