Everything’s better with a keto bacon weave bun.
1 lb. bacon slices halved
1 lb. ground beef
fresh ground black pepper
1/2 c. mayonnaise
Juice of 1/2 lemon
3 tbsp. finely chopped chives
Butterhead lettuce, for serving
2 tomatoes, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400º and place a baking rack inside of a baking sheet (to help catch grease).
- Make a bacon weave: On the baking rack, line 3 bacon halves side-by-side. Lift one end of the middle bacon slice and place a fourth bacon half on top of the side pieces and underneath the middle slice. Lay the middle slice back down.
- Next, lift the two side strips of bacon and place a 5th bacon half on top of the middle piece and underneath the sides. Lay the side slices back down.
- Finally, lift the other end of the middle slice and place the 6th slice on top of the side pieces and underneath the middle slice. Repeat to make a second weave.
- Season with pepper and bake until bacon is crispy 25 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to blot grease. Let cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make burgers: Preheat a grill (or grill pan) to medium-high heat. Shape ground beef into large patties and season both sides with salt and pepper. Grill until cooked to your liking, about 4 minutes per side for medium.
- Make herb mayo: In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, lemon juice, and chives.
- Assemble burgers: For each burger, place a bacon weave on the bottom then spread it with some herb mayo. Top with burger, lettuce, tomato, and remaining bacon weave. Serve immediately.