I was underneath the wrong effect for quite a while. I was brought about agree with that fried ice cream became a Mexican deal with. However, when I started performing some research for this publish, I discovered in any other case.
Fried ice cream, because it seems, may additionally have honestly been served for the first time at the 1893 Chicago World’s Fair. It seems that it has gotten tied to Mexican cuisine way to Chi-Chi’s restaurant putting it on its menu. Though Chi-Chi’s is now not in business, you could create an easy clone at domestic the use of only two elements. (Or three if you want the extra sweet creamy goodness of dulce de leche.)
- 2-3 cups Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal, crushed
- 2-3 cups Frozen Yogurt or Ice Cream, softened
- Dulce de Leche, optional
- Place cereal in a zip-top bag and crush to small pieces. Alternatively, place cereal in blender and pulse.
- Using a medium cookie dough scoop, scoop yogurt or ice cream and place on top of prepared cereal. Roll the ball around until well coated. You may need to press the cereal firmly on the balls to help it adhere. Place in the mini-muffin pan well that has been lined with plastic wrap. Repeat until all of the cereal has been used.
- Freeze balls for at least an hour. When ready to eat, just remove balls, place in bowl, and add dulce de leche if desired.
Amount Per Serving:CALORIES: 80 SATURATED FAT: 1g CHOLESTEROL: 11mg SODIUM: 21mg CARBOHYDRATES: 11g SUGAR: 5g PROTEIN: 1g