There is ice cream Cherry Garcia which I can not actually get enough. And as I love it so much, I will still create a premium ice cream recipe.
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate bars, shaved
- 1/4 cup fresh halved and pitted Bing cherries
- 2 eggs, large (or equivalent pasteurized liquid eggs)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy or whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- Using two separate bowls, place the shaved chocolate flakes in one and the cherries in the other.
- Cover bowls firmly and places in the refrigerator.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs for 1 to 2 minutes, or until light and fluffy.
- Whisking in the sugar, a little at a time, continue to mix about 1 minute more, or until completely blended.
- Whisk in the cream and milk and stir well to blend.
- In an ice cream maker, transfer the mixture.
- Following the manufacturer’s instructions, freeze concoction.
- Once the ice cream stiffens, add the chocolate and the cherries.
- Put back to the freezer until the ice cream is ready.
- Adapted from: Best Copycat Restaurant Recipes