This recipe is so easy that you will love it. I have been preparing it for years and it is the ideal main dish to prepare it in advance. You can put it in the oven or in your slow cooker (over low heat for 2 to 4 hours). If you serve a crowd for the big tournament, I would double that Italian recipe. It is a success! It just has a little heat in the Ro * Tel Italian tomato cream cheese sauce with beef on the ground and fine linguine. Ro * Tel tomatoes use a secret mix of seasonings that makes them more special.
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
- 1/2 box linguine
- 1 can Mild Ro*Tel Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves – minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups of milk
- 8 oz. cheddar cheese
- 1 – 2 jalapeno peppers – seeded and chopped (optional)
- handful cilantro – chopped
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brown the ground beef with the onions and garlic. Add the Ro*Tel tomatoes.
- Cook the linguine for about 6 minutes, it will finish cooking when it is baked. Rinse well in a strainer.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in the flour. Add the milk and whisk until thickened. Add the cheese and stir until melted.
- Combine the ground beef, linguine, and cheese sauce together. Add the cilantro. Stir in the jalapenos. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour mixture into a greased casserole dish.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes until it starts to bubble and brown. If you made this ahead and it is coming from the refrigerator it will take 45 minutes to bake.