Who wants a day trip to Italy when you have this winner chicken dinner?
1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
3 tbsp. butter, divided
1 lb. bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
Freshly ground black pepper
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 pt. grape tomatoes halved
10 oz. baby spinach
1/3 c. heavy cream
1/3 c. dry white wine
1/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil and 1 tablespoon butter. Add chicken thighs skin-side down and season with salt and pepper. Cook until crispy and golden and no longer pink, 10 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate to let rest.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter and garlic and let cook until fragrant and soft, 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Simmer until soft, 5 minutes, then add handfuls of baby spinach, stirring until slightly wilted, 2 minutes.
- Pour over heavy cream and white wine and let simmer until thickened, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in Parmesan.
- Return chicken to skillet and simmer until heated through.
- Serve chicken topped with spinach-tomato mixture and sauce.