This skillet chicken is everything you love about Italian food.it is really adorable and preferable in this country, really wears a refined taste.
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
Freshly ground black pepper
3 tbsp. olive oil (divided)
1/2 c. prepared pesto
1 tomato, sliced
4 slices mozzarella
4 basil leaves
3/4 lb. spaghetti, cooked
Juice of 1 lemon
1/2 c. finely grated Parmesan
- Heat about 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper and add to the skillet. Sear until the chicken is golden on one side, about 6 minutes.
- Flip chicken and spoon about 2 tablespoons of pesto over each chicken breast. Continue cooking for another 3-4 minutes to sear the other side, then top each serving with cheese and a slice of tomato. Cover the pan and cook until the chicken is cooked through and the cheese has melted, about 3-4 minutes more depending on the size of your chicken breasts.
- While the chicken is cooking, toss pasta with lemon juice, remaining olive oil and Parmesan. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve chicken over pasta. Sprinkle each tomato slice with salt and pepper garnish with a basil leaf. Spoon leftover pesto sauce on top, if desired.