Moroccan Olive and Orange Chicken Win the feast with this fancy (yet whole easy) combat Moroccan tagine.
For absolutely golden cutlets, set a timer and sear every one a minimum of a pair of minutes before turning.
3 tbsp. olive oil
1 lb. thin chicken-breast cutlets
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 c. all-purpose flour
1 sm. red onion, sliced
2 lg. navel oranges
1/2 c. pitted green olives, halved
2 c. cooked rice pilaf
- In 12-in skillet, heat olive oil on med.-high.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; dredge in flour. Cook 3 or 4 minutes or until browned, turning once. Transfer to plate.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add red onion. Cook 2 minutes or until browned, stirring once. Squeeze juice of 1 1/2 navel oranges into skillet. Thinly slice remaining 1/2 orange; add to skillet along with green olives and 1/4 cup of water.
- Return chicken to skillet. Cook 3 minutes. Scraping browned bits off bottom of pan.
- Garnish with parsley. Serve over rice pilaf.