fajita chicken burrito bowl is jam-choked with juicy golden chicken, cilantro-lime rice, avocado, and a delicious dressing! good for meal prep!
Healthy, filling and a good-for-you dish Bowl comes along in minutes! filled with contemporary ingredients and unimaginable flavor due to your favorite dressing, these dish bowls are the right example of a healthy, hearty meal while not sacrificing your style buds.
For The Chicken And Peppers:
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/2-1 teaspoon ground chili,(adjust to your desired spice preference)
- 1 teaspoon each ground cumin and salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro, (optional)
- 4 large chicken thighs, skinless and boneless (1 pound or 500 grams)
- 2 large bell peppers (or capsicums), cut into strips (I use green, red and yellow)
For The Rice:
- 1/2 cup long-grain white rice, (or Jasmine)
- 1 cup chicken stock (or broth)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1-2 tablespoons lime juice, (juice of 1 lime)
- 2-3 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro, (or parsley) — adjust to your taste
For Burrito Bowl:
- 5 cups Romaine lettuce leaves (or Cos) washed and strained dry
- 7 ounces (200 g) can black beans, washed and drained
- 7 ounces (200 g) corn
- 1/2 a red onion, chopped
- 1 avocado peeled, seeded and sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro, (or parsley) — adjust to your taste
- 1 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2-1 teaspoon red chili flakes (optional)
In a large shallow bowl, combine lime juice, oil, garlic, cumin, salt, chili, and cilantro; mix together. Add the chicken thighs and If time allows, let marinate for 30 minutes.
Heat a large skillet or pan (12-inch | 30cm) on medium-high heat until smoking. Add a drizzle of olive oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pan. Sear the chicken on both sides until golden, charred and cooked right through (about 8 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of your fillets). Flip them a couple of times while cooking so they get a nice even char.
Transfer chicken to a warm plate, loosely tent with foil and let rest.
Add the peppers to the skillet (drizzle with a little extra oil only if needed), and cook until soft and slightly charred. Season with salt and pepper.
While the chicken is marinating or cooking, cook rice: Combine together the rice, chicken stock (or broth), and garlic in a pot over high heat. Mix well and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cover with a lid until the rice is cooked through.
Fluff up rice with a fork and mix through lime juice and cilantro. Season to taste with salt and pepper, if needed.
Whisk dressing ingredients together to combine.
Combine lettuce, beans, corn, onion, and peppers into 4 bowls. Slice chicken into strips and arrange into bowls. Top each with avocado slices and drizzle with dressing.