tender and implausibly juicy Cajun butter chicken breasts area unit simple to cook and deliciously succulent!
Our readers love fast and straightforward chicken recipes prepared in a rapid while not marinating. The flavor lies within the best chicken seasoning! a bit like our Creamy Garlic Chicken, or this fast and simple Herb Chicken, you’re attending to love this direction. And if that’s not enough, build a full tasteful magic sauce with pan juices in but five minutes to drizzle everywhere your chicken!
For Cajun Seasoning:
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar KETO: use a brown sugar substitute
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mild paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each garlic powder and onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each chili powder and cayenne pepper, add more if you like heat
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 large chicken breasts (8-11oz | 250-300g each), sliced horizontally in half to make 4 steaks
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken stock/broth
Combine Cajun seasoning ingredients and toss the chicken in the seasoning. Drizzle with 1/2 tablespoon of oil and rub seasoning all over to evenly coat.
Heat remaining oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet or pan over medium-high heat until combined and hot.
Sear chicken in batches for 5-7 minutes each side until golden or internal temperature is 165°F / 75°C using a meat thermometer. Remove from pan; set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
While chicken is resting, make the sauce.
Reduce heat to medium. Melt remaining butter in the pan. Sauté garlic until fragrant (about 30 seconds), while scraping up any browned bits from the pan. Pour in the broth and let reduce for 2-3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
Take the pan off the heat. Drizzle sauce over the chicken.