Creamy Red Pepper pasta is thus smart, garlicky, savory, cheesy, and honestly with reference to everything and something you’d ever wish during a one-pot food dish. build this with an aspect dish and a few staff of life and leave the table the happiest you’ve been in weeks.
- 1 pound short pasta noodles such as rigatoni or ziti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 16-ounce jar roasted red bell peppers drained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 1/2 white or yellow onion diced
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning or Herbs de Provence
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/3-1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper or to taste
- 2/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- fresh basil, parsley, or thyme for garnish
Cook pasta noodles according to package’s instructions, drain and toss with olive oil. Set aside.
Combine red bell peppers, chicken broth, and tomato sauce in a blender, blend until smooth and set aside.
Add sausage to a large skillet, saute 2-3 minutes, breaking up with a spatula or wooden spoon as it cooks. Add onions and continue to saute 3-4 minutes longer until onions are tender and sausage is browned.
Stir in garlic for 1 minute until fragrant. Stir in Italian seasoning and flour.
Gradually stir in red pepper sauce, bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook for 5-8 minutes until reduced and thickened.
Stir in heavy cream and season with salt and pepper.
Stir in pasta noodles, then parmesan cheese till melted. Garnish with fresh herbs and cracked black pepper and serve.