All we’re gonna do here is throw the sweet potatoes within the kitchen appliance for concerning associate hour.
While the sweet potatoes bake, the common bean mixture is ready by merely cooking the onions a touch, compounding within the spices, then agitated within the black beans.
Once the sweet potatoes area unit has done, the within is fluffed a touch (that’s the technical term here), the black beans area unit add-in, and it’s all flat-top with avocado, cilantro, and a pleasant-tasting very little vegetarian Mexican crema sauce.
I didn’t embrace “eat healthy” in my list of resolutions higher than however, it’s on there. beginning with these common beans Stuffed Sweet Potatoes. Healthy AND delicious 🙂
Happy New Year, friends!
- 4medium- large sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup of Cashew Cream Sauce (you could also use sour cream or plain greek yogurt if not vegan)
- 1 teaspoon of lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1/2of a medium red onion, finely diced (about 1 cup diced)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil (I used olive oil)
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 115oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
FOR SERVING :
- 1/2an avocado, chopped
- a handful of cilantro, chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the sweet potatoes on a lightly greased baking tray and bake for 55-65 minutes or until a fork can easily be inserted into the flesh of the potatoes.
- Prepare the cream sauce by whisking together the cashew cream sauce, lime juice, and black pepper. Set aside.
- When the sweet potatoes have about 10 minutes left, heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat and then add in the onion. Saute for 5 minutes until the onions begin to become translucent. Add in the spices stir and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add the black beans to the skillet and toss to combine. Continue to cook, stirring frequently, until the black beans are fully heated through. About 5 minutes. Take off of heat and set aside.
- Once the sweet potatoes are done baking, let cool slightly. Once cool, cut the sweet potatoes open and shred the flesh from the skin so that the inside is mashed and easy to scoop out.
- Evenly spread the black bean mixture, avocado, cilantro, and cashew cream sauce on top of the 4 sweet potatoes.
- Serve immediately and ENJOY!!